9.05.2007

back to school

I went back to school last night for the first time in nearly 18 months, with the goal of finally finishing my master's degree. What a scary experience. I felt so out of it. And I was simply terrified after reading the assignments in the syllabus. I am so close to dropping out. But if I want to graduate, I have to take this course - and the next one. But then, I'd be done. I read the first case study this afternoon and nearly had a heart attack. I can't even figure out how to begin to answer the questions. Of course, I'm waiting for my textbook to arrive from Amazon. Perhaps once I've done the reading, I'll be able to analyze the case.

9 more classes to go. I have an entirely new level of respect for parents who go back to school. This is going to be a real struggle for me. Another mom in the class said to me last night, "One step at a time." She's right. I have to do this one assignment now. I'll worry about the rest when the time comes.

One step at a time.

1 comment:

AMP said...

Kristi:

You can do it!

Just remember, the time will go by if you are attending classes or not, and you are going to be just as busy as a new mom if you go or don't, so just keep going! Think about it: You are doing this when you daughter doesn't even know what curfew is, let alone how to break it. Just imagine trying to finish up grad school when she's busy with soccer or boyfriends. Do it now, take each class as "me" time, and don't worry, the laundry and chores will still be there when you graduate!