9.17.2007

1 down, 17 to go

That's my husband's latest catchphrase. We made it one year! The big shindig happened yesterday - lots of family and friends came by to wish my beloved daughter a happy birthday.

I was catching up with a dear friend this weekend whom I haven't spoken to since I was six months pregnant. In terms of learning and development, I really think that becoming a parent is the most significant, life-changing thing you can do. The learning curve is, as one of my friends would say, "ginormous." The personal growth that results is tremendous. And the catch is, you simply can't procrastinate on it - when baby calls, you must answer. I really do feel like a different person. Life has new meaning, new depth.

It all sounds a bit cliche, I suppose. I just wonder if we approached other parts of our lives with the same passion and enthusiasm, what would be possible? What would it take? And if we can't find that passion and enthusiasm for those other aspects of life, what should we change?

No comments: