2.01.2008

live posting/commenting

Maddie's questions make me think of those scrolling message displays sometimes seen at concerts... (yeah, as a new mom, I haven't been to one in ages, but I do occasionally live vicariously through concert goers on TV).

What if the conference had a scrolling chat display at the sessions (ALL the sessions) that allowed participants to comment on the presentation as it happens?

Putting my conference planner hat on for a moment...

I'd test run that in a session or two first... but it could be fun.

3 comments:

David Gammel said...

I went to a conference that had a back channel chat stream on the wall behind the presenters. It was occasionally useful but was very snarky overall, being used to criticize the presenters. I'd rather than audience push back directly so the speaker can engage with them. Impossible to follow a chat screen while presenting coherently, however.

Kristi Donovan said...

David - that's precisely what scares me as a conference planner. I wouldn't want that kind of negative energy created.

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!